Artista lettering: making bold?

mizlilly

Artista lettering: making bold?

Postby mizlilly » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:34 pm

I am pretty sure this feature doesn't exist, and I sure wish it did! If I'm missing it, please someone point me in the right direction! The ability to "bold" many of the existing fonts would make them ideal for terry, fleece, etc. I like the more delicate, scripty fonts, but they get lost in terry! And I do a lot of towels!
Bernina 830,153 & WP; BL Enlighten, Sashiko & Coverhem, Brother XV8500D Dream Machine & Persona PRS100, Singer Featherweight, etc., Artista DP V6, Cutwork, Monogram Wizard+ w/ EFs.

https://pinkerpaws.smugmug.com/My-Sewing

KarenVA

Re: Artista lettering: making bold?

Postby KarenVA » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:13 pm

I'm not sure about that either---BUT, I'll ask on Wed when I go to the Designer Plus V6 two-day class!!
Karen
"We cannot do great things, we can only do little things with great love." Mother Teresa

Senior Bag Lady
2 x 4 =: 8

Postby Senior Bag Lady » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:49 pm

Did you try increasing the pull compensation? It will "thicken" most fonts.

Doris W. in TN

Postby Doris W. in TN » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:18 pm

I increase Pull Compensation to .400 and it helps. Do a test stitch out, as it may not be what you're after but it's all we have.
Berninas: 1130, Artista730E, 350PE (3-Series), 2000DE serger, 1150MDA serger, Bernette Deco 340; Bernina L220 Coverstitch;
Singers: 301, 201-2, 99K hand crank

mizlilly

Postby mizlilly » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:52 am

Thanks everyone! I am so excited. I changed the pull compensation to .400 as suggested and it looks much better! Ashamed to admit just how many years I have been using this software and I did not know this! I changed the fabric setting too, to heavy weight terry! Thanks for offering to check on it for me Karen! Have fun at your classes and be sure to tell us all about it when you get back... who knows what else some of us :oops: don't know!
Bernina 830,153 & WP; BL Enlighten, Sashiko & Coverhem, Brother XV8500D Dream Machine & Persona PRS100, Singer Featherweight, etc., Artista DP V6, Cutwork, Monogram Wizard+ w/ EFs.

KarenVA

Postby KarenVA » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:02 am

I have one day of class under my belt!! WOW My head is spinning!! We'll get a CD of the info to take home--so we don't even have to take notes!! The Corel stuff is amazing, too!!

But, I did learn that using the pull compensation at .400 is the way to go to make monograms bolder! So, Mizlily, you already have the best advice!! Whenever we used the autodigitizing or the magic wand, we need to adjust the pull compensation, too.

Elva Mungai is a wonderful teacher!! If you ever get the chance to attend this 2-day course, take it!! It's so worth it!!!
Karen
"We cannot do great things, we can only do little things with great love." Mother Teresa

mizlilly

Postby mizlilly » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:02 pm

Glad you are having fun and learning lots Karen!

Doris W. in TN

Postby Doris W. in TN » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:52 pm

KarenVA wrote:But, I did learn that using the pull compensation at .400 is the way to go to make monograms bolder!e pull compensation, too.

I use it all the time when I use lettering from the Microsoft TrueType Fonts in Designer Plus.

No need to purchase a Curlz font anywhere, thanks to the pull compensation. The Edwardian Script is particularly elegant. Palace Script/Kunstler are nice, also, if your computer has them. My old Gateway did, my new Dell does not.

What I like about v6 is that in the lettering tool, you can type the word and see how it will look in each font, when you go into the drop-down fonts window. Much better than hitting "Apply" for the various font choices!
Berninas: 1130, Artista730E, 350PE (3-Series), 2000DE serger, 1150MDA serger, Bernette Deco 340; Bernina L220 Coverstitch;
Singers: 301, 201-2, 99K hand crank

KarenVA

Postby KarenVA » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:10 am

I agree with you, Doris--Version 6 has some really nice new "user friendly, inuitive" features.

One thing I learned is that in Version 6, if upgraded from a previous version and a dongle brain merge occurred, the quilt program is missing the feature that lets you design your own quilt blocks. Elva said Bernina is working on a patch to fix that and it should be available to download soon. I hadn't even gotten that far in trying out Version 6 yet!!! So, that was news to me!!

I am going to print out all of the Version 6 tutorials and practice them--and compare them from the Bernina website with the shortcuts that Elva taught us. If I don't write them down NOW, I'm afraid I'll forget them!!! DUH!! This was a very worthwhile course for $125. I know I got my money's worth and more!!
Karen

Return to “Embroidery Software”