Embroidery Software 6, Installation problem

QuiltersHusband
2 x 4 =: 8

Embroidery Software 6, Installation problem

Postby QuiltersHusband » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:41 pm

I just purchased the Embroidery 6 software upgrade for my wife. I tried to install it on her new Toshiba laptop, running Windows 7. It is a 64 bit machine. I inserted the disk and followed the instructions. Inserted the new Red Dongle and then I was instructed to insert the Blue dongle, so both are now inserted into the computer. Then I get the same message on the screen to have both dongles inserted. I then Click OK and get the same message all over again. It will not go any further.
I then tried installing it on an older computer running Vista and got the same result.
Then I tried to install it on a computer running xp and got the same results.

Can anyone give me any help at all. I was going to call the support line in Oklahoma but they are closed due to bad weather. I want to get it up and running for my wife.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

A QuiltersHusband.

Senior Bag Lady
2 x 4 =: 8

Re: Embroidery Software 6, Installation problem

Postby Senior Bag Lady » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:02 pm

I agree. Turn off all programs such as Norton or McAfee. There is also a phone # to call for tech support. 888-223-6943

Doris W. in TN

Postby Doris W. in TN » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:08 am

I'll 'ditto' the suggestion of the Version 6 YahooGroup. You have to join, but once you do, you can go to the home page and access the "Files" with lots of information about getting the software loaded. By now, many of us had problems and the collective wisdom is in those Files.
Berninas: 1130, Artista730E, 350PE (3-Series), 2000DE serger, 1150MDA serger, Bernette Deco 340; Bernina L220 Coverstitch;
Singers: 301, 201-2, 99K hand crank

BerNinja
Owner/Administrator
Owner/Administrator
2 x 4 =: 9

Postby BerNinja » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:28 pm

Hi QuiltersHusband. Welcome to the forum. I just upgraded my V5 to V6 on my older XP machine. It did not have a problem at all. A couple of weeks later I was successful at installing V6 on my new Windows7 machine. Do you have the ability to do the upgrade on an XP platform and then install it onto the Windows7 platform? Any old computers...anywhere? Once you do find your answer, please return to tell us what you ended up doing to get this baby installed. We are all ears (eyes!).
Artista 730e | Artista 630e | Virtuosa 153QE | 1300MDC

Return to “Embroidery Software”