V6 with windows 7

sharonoyoung
2 x 4 =: 8

Re: V6 with windows 7

Postby sharonoyoung » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:56 pm

Hi everyone, thanks so much for your replies. I've got a brand new laptop, especially for v 6, so i think it might be updated, but having said that it did prompt me to update when i was in the middle of loading V6 for the second time so ignored it :? Does anyone know how i can check for updates for V6?
Thanks BerNinja for the link, it looks pretty comprehensive and a bit daunting for a non techy, but i shall go back through it just in case. But i can check to see if the key has been installed OK though, so that will be a start.
I sent the same message to both the UK and the USA Bernina websites, so hopefully I will get a reply on monday, if not i'll phone the UK one.
One other small glitch, I was doing a tutorial today which involved creating an elipse in Art Canvas and when i hit the covert to embroidery button it appeared on the embroidery side as a circle, this is the second tutorial that this has happened on, am i missing a setting change or something?

sharonoyoung

Postby sharonoyoung » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:30 pm

OK, have checked the dongle is properly installed in the serial bus menu, so that's a start, and as for the circle thing, just tried it again now and it works :) I can see me being an awful pain till I've cut my teeth on this software, thanks for your patience.

BerNinja
Owner/Administrator
Owner/Administrator
2 x 4 =: 9

Postby BerNinja » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:19 pm

sharonoyoung wrote:I can see me being an awful pain till I've cut my teeth on this software, thanks for your patience.

I cannot imagine you would become an awful pain. We're all here to help you. :wave: I'm glad it is kind of working now. Sometimes software does funny stuff, you restart and then it doesn't do it again...makes life exciting!
Artista 730e | Artista 630e | Virtuosa 153QE | 1300MDC

mollyshark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby mollyshark » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:45 am

Did you hear the one about the engineers in the car that suddenly sputtered and died driving down the highway. The mechanical engineer looked under the hood and fiddled with some valves. The electrical engineer peeked under the dash and readjusted some wires. The software engineer said let's all get out and get back in.

BerNinja
Owner/Administrator
Owner/Administrator
2 x 4 =: 9

Postby BerNinja » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:18 pm

mollyshark wrote:The software engineer said let's all get out and get back in.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Artista 730e | Artista 630e | Virtuosa 153QE | 1300MDC

sharonoyoung

Postby sharonoyoung » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:11 pm

Brilliant, just about sums up computers :lol:

sharonoyoung

Postby sharonoyoung » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:14 pm

I thought I'd give you an update re the Portfolio problem and Windows 7. I heard from London Bernina today and my contact there said this has come up several times and she has had the same problem. She solved it by turning Norton's virus software off completely including the Firewall. Unfortunately it's made no difference to my problem so far, although I'm not that sure that I've turned all of Norton off as there doesn't seem to be a master switch, you just have to go looking for all the things it has turned on, I hate it, especially as I don't have to worry about such stuff on the Mac.
I just wondered what virus software other people were using who hadn't had this problem.

RoseSews

Postby RoseSews » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:56 pm

I once had Norton Anti-Virus on a computer a long time ago and it caused me nothing but problems, so I had it removed (you need a Norton Removal Tool to do it). I had a computer tech service do it because I didn't have the removal tool, but I think you can download it. It has to be removed completely before installing another anti-virus program because they conflict. When I bought my new laptop it came with Norton pre-installed and I had the tech there remove it before I bought it. It just causes too many problems in everything you do.

I use AVG anti-virus, which you can download free from their website, but they also have a paid-for version that gives more protection. Sometimes it's hard to find the free version on their website and other times it is easy to find -- they keep changing their website. They also have the paid-for version as a 30-day trial. I use AVG on both of my computers and am very happy with it and it has never caused any problems for me. You can look at the various versions of it and pick the one that gives the level of protection you want at http://www.avg.com.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rose-sews/

Rose's Favorite Toys:
Artista 640E ~ Bernina 1090S ~ Bernina 2000DE Serger ~ Bernette 990DCC Cover/Chain Stitch ~ Baby Lock Blind Hemmer ~ Deco 340 ~ Deco 650 ~ Baby Lock Evolve ~ Janome CoverPro 1000CPX

sharonoyoung

Postby sharonoyoung » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:51 am

Thanks for that Rose, I'll look into it.

bdkscrap

Postby bdkscrap » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:00 pm

I have been having trouble with my V6 also. I purchased a brand new laptop just so I could get v6 - the old one did not have enough space.

I have been in contact with tech support many times, and they just keep asking what my issues are. Hello... don't you read my responses?

Anyways, I am still struggling with one more problem and hopefully some of you can help. When I went to the first class, the instructor has Vista and she could see each design prior to clicking on it, so you can choose by looking, not the name. All I get is a bernina symbol for each one. She said to contact tech support, but no help so far. Do any of you have a clue as to what I am trying to describe?

Return to “Embroidery Software”