Explorations Lettering

RoseSews
2 x 4 =: 8

Explorations Lettering

Postby RoseSews » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:17 pm

I love my Explorations Lettering program, but usually I do fairly small lettering. Today I embroidered lettering that was about 3/4" high and I don't know if that was the reason or not, but at the needle stops (between letters) it doesn't tie off the threads. You can't leave those jump stitches between the letters because some of them are about 1/2" long and after I was finished, some of the stitches were starting to come out. I put Fray Block on the lettering and I hope that helps, but I don't know why tie offs were not digitized in the lettering.

Does anybody have an answer for this? I guess I could get some digitizing software and put the tie offs in, but I think Explorations should already do that. I have an older version (I think v4) and maybe the newer version has those tie offs between letters. Does anybody know if it does?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rose-sews/

Rose's Favorite Toys:
Artista 640E ~ Bernina 1090S ~ Bernina 2000DE Serger ~ Bernette 990DCC Cover/Chain Stitch ~ Baby Lock Blind Hemmer ~ Deco 340 ~ Deco 650 ~ Baby Lock Evolve ~ Janome CoverPro 1000CPX

mizlilly

Re: Explorations Lettering

Postby mizlilly » Sun May 02, 2010 11:21 am

I don't know this program at all Rose, but I am wondering if you assigned each letter a different colour would it then tie off? Of course you are likely going to stitch in all one colour, but maybe you can fool the software and therefore the machine?
Bernina 830,153 & WP; BL Enlighten, Sashiko & Coverhem, Brother XV8500D Dream Machine & Persona PRS100, Singer Featherweight, etc., Artista DP V6, Cutwork, Monogram Wizard+ w/ EFs.

https://pinkerpaws.smugmug.com/My-Sewing

RoseSews

Postby RoseSews » Sun May 02, 2010 7:49 pm

That is a good idea and I will try that next time I'm doing lettering that is larger than very small. With a change of color I think it would have to tie off. And I wouldn't have all those jump stitches to clip between each letter. Thanks!

Rose's Favorite Toys:
Artista 640E ~ Bernina 1090S ~ Bernina 2000DE Serger ~ Bernette 990DCC Cover/Chain Stitch ~ Baby Lock Blind Hemmer ~ Deco 340 ~ Deco 650 ~ Baby Lock Evolve ~ Janome CoverPro 1000CPX

mollyshark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby mollyshark » Tue May 04, 2010 8:15 pm

Let me know if it worked. I always enjoy when you can lie to a computer and get away with it.

RoseSews

Postby RoseSews » Tue May 04, 2010 9:57 pm

:lol: Don't hold your breath! I don't have any lettering plans in the immediate future and I don't even know if the program lets you change colors on each letter, but I think it should. On small lettering, which I have done several times, I didn't have this problem, but when I did the lettering a little larger the stitches would not stay. I did some lettering for a friend on her aprons as a favor (she has a catering service) and when she washed the aprons, some the embroidery stitches started coming undone. I ended up hand embroidering over over those places with a needle and the same thread. I hope it will hold.

She offered to pay me money for doing the embroidery in the first place, but I told her I'm not in that business and didn't want any money for it. I was really glad I didn't take any money when it turned out I sort of botched the job, but I think they are okay now. She's delighted with them.

Rose's Favorite Toys:

Return to “Embroidery Software”