embroidery design

kerleyc
2 x 4 =: 8

embroidery design

Postby kerleyc » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:29 pm

Need help!!!
I was working on an embroidery design on a 730.... when I had to stop in the middle of the design.
How do you begin the design where I left off? The design was on thread #5 of #12.
Many thanks!

Senior Bag Lady

Re: embroidery design

Postby Senior Bag Lady » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:51 pm

I will assume it works very much like my 640.
When you are ready to start again, it will show color #1 of 12. Just push the arrow on the right (bottom of screen) to advance thru the colors until you get to the one you want. If you go too far, just push the back arrow on the left.
Hope this helps. :wave:

kmouse

Postby kmouse » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:02 am

Assuming that you have not taken the fabric out of the hoop. (Pretty sure about that.)

BUT, if you have adjusted your hoop to place your design in a specific spot, make sure that you remember or wrote down how far left and right you moved the hoop before starting.

Also, you can scroll through the colors until you get to the color where you want to start, THEN you need to touch the color bar to confirm that you want to start on that color. Unless you do that, the stitching will start back at the first color. This is different than the 630 or 640.

HTH
Bernina 830LE, 450E, Artista D+ Software, Bernina 1100 DE Serger, Handi Quilter 16 w/ Sit-down Table

Senior Bag Lady

Postby Senior Bag Lady » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:22 am

kmouse wrote:Assuming that you have not taken the fabric out of the hoop. (Pretty sure about that.)

BUT, if you have adjusted your hoop to place your design in a specific spot, make sure that you remember or wrote down how far left and right you moved the hoop before starting.

Also, you can scroll through the colors until you get to the color where you want to start, THEN you need to touch the color bar to confirm that you want to start on that color. Unless you do that, the stitching will start back at the first color. This is different than the 630 or 640.

HTH

KMouse,
You are correct and that would be necessary on the 640 also. Sorry I didn't think to add that information- but then that is why we have this forum ---to get things right :thumbup:

kerleyc

Postby kerleyc » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:45 pm

Senior Bag Lady and Kmouse,
It worked!!! and I now how a wonderful finished gift ... what a wonderful help you both were.
An email was send to Bernina 4 days ago and still have not received an answer.

You saved the day,
Camille

kerleyc

Re:bsr 1 v bsr 2

Postby kerleyc » Sun May 20, 2012 5:25 am

what is the difference ?

kmouse

Re: Re:bsr 1 v bsr 2

Postby kmouse » Sun May 20, 2012 10:51 am

kerleyc wrote:what is the difference ?

BOTH can be used with or without the food control.

BOTH can be used with start/stop button (or quick reverse button). Depending on machine model, you may need to unplug your foot control to use the stop/start button.

BSR 1 - needle is always moving, regardless of whether or not the fabric is moving.

BSR 2 - needle only moves when fabric is moving.

BSR 1, when using the foot control, the red light is on and needle moves. staying in one place with produce a tie knot...or just a knot. Some begin their stitching this way. It's most like quilting w/o BSR because no power to foot control means no stitching. Advantage is YOU control when you want to stitch. BSR1 using start/stop button is my least favorite. Needle is moving even when I take a pause at a point and there is thread buildup. I often use BSR1 w/pedal. Not at all w/ stop/start button.

BSR 2 - Using pedal, the light is on but no stitching until you move the fabric. When using needle down function, the needle is down. You can take your foot off the pedal, raise the BSR presser foot w your knee lift and look around to see where you want to stitch next. I use my left foot for foot control pedal,so my right knee is used only for knee lift.
BSR 2 with start/stop button - press button, red light appears. No stitching until you move fabric. When pausing fabric movement, light is on and BSR remains active until you move fabric. This allows you to pause and look at you stitching area w/o needle moving. Needle does remain UP until you press the start/stop button, even when needle down function is engaged.

In general, I use foot pedal BSR 1 when following a drawn line of stitching like a feather motif. For large areas of free form stitching, I use BSR2 with stop/start button. It's like cruise control on your car. Definitely use the gas pedal in traffic, highway cruise gives my legs a break.

HTH.

kim
Bernina 830LE, 450E, Artista D+ Software, Bernina 1100 DE Serger, Handi Quilter 16 w/ Sit-down Table

Return to “Embroidery Software”