My Label and embroidery software

Glynda

My Label and embroidery software

Postby Glynda » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:31 pm

I had a strange conflict arise last evening. I have a new 830 and was testing the use of a sandisk cruzer usb stick instead of purchasing a pricey Bernina one. I uninstalled the U3 software on the stick and everything appeared to be working okay from the software screen, but I found that the designs were being loaded onto the My Label dongle stick instead of the blank sandisk stick. On closer inspection, I saw that the My Label dongle has a 21 MB partition with a label of Bernina, and the software was preferentially seeking that area for the design storage. My solution was to unplug the My Label dongle and then the designs were downloading perfectly to the sandisk cruzer stick and the machine was reading them. Without the My Label dongle plugged in, the dialog box popped up after clicking on the blue arrow, asking where to download the design. With the My Label dongle plugged in, the dialog box did not appear. Is there a way to download onto the sandisk cruzer stick with the My Label dongle plugged in? In other words, is there a way to force the dialog box to come up with a Bernina labeled stick plugged in? Molly, any thoughts? TIA, Glynda

Senior Bag Lady
2 x 4 =: 8

Re: My Label and embroidery software

Postby Senior Bag Lady » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:20 pm

I don't have either the 830 or the My Label,but I thought it might have to do with your OS. Also, could you go to the stick manually by selection the Programs/computer?

Doris W. in TN

Postby Doris W. in TN » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:36 pm

Glynda, I can't answer your problem, but I can share my own experience. When I first got the (then) Designer Plus v5 software, I had trouble sending designs to the SanDisk stick. My dealer (who knew it was not a Bernina stick) even helped me with it as best they could, but it was a desktop that couldn't be carried into the store. Finally, I figured out the digital camera card reader was plugged into a port in the back of the tower, and as soon as I unplugged it, the designs would "send to" my USB stick. Very odd, but there it is. That was on my old Gateway that loaded the software nicely.
Berninas: 1130, Artista730E, 350PE (3-Series), 2000DE serger, 1150MDA serger, Bernette Deco 340; Bernina L220 Coverstitch;
Singers: 301, 201-2, 99K hand crank

Glynda

Postby Glynda » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:41 am

I have solved this little minor annoyance by using the disk management function of my operating system to remove the drive letter assigned to the 21 MB partitioned area on the My Label dongle. Now, the embroidery software doesn't know that partitioned area is there and the embroidery software will put up the dialog box asking where to write the design. And, I can plug the My Label dongle in to the back of the computer where it is safer from damage due to bumping, etc., but where it is also harder to plug in and unplug. I can add back the drive letter if I ever want to store My Label designs on the My Label dongle stick. Clear as mud? I am so not a computer person. I have to admit that I had help with this. Glynda

Return to “Embroidery Software”