artlink version 6 please help!!!!!

designzbyjacques
2 x 4 =: 8

artlink version 6 please help!!!!!

Postby designzbyjacques » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:58 pm

hi there,i just installed artlink 6 on my laptop only to find that i cant save designs as art files,this is a very big problem for me because i want to buy a very well looked after artista 185 and thus wont be able to do any embroidery.i see that one can write to machine directly from artlink but i suppose you should open an art file in the first place otherwise the machine wont recognise it,i am hoping the software somehow converts it automatically so the machine can read it lol.if this does not work will the cps software open different formats and convert them to art?i do hope someone can give me advice about this,i really want to go back to bernina,which is what i taught myself to sew on 15 years ago,ive been so disappointed by some the japanese brands stitch quality and tension issues.
bernina virtuosa 163,bernina 840 favorit,bernina 1030,janome 644d serger,brother super galaxie 3000

kmouse

Re: artlink version 6 please help!!!!!

Postby kmouse » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:16 am

Version 6 Artlink will open most embroidery formats and then convert the design to the appropriate format for your BERNINA. In the case of most BERNINA machines, it will be .exp. Only the Aurora 430, 440 and 450 read .art because they run directly from your computer. The 200, 730 also read v4 art as well as exp. Designs sent to the USB stick are converted to .exp automatically. To learn how to use Artlink, open the software and click on the HELP tab. Click on Manual and it will open a PDF to show you all about how to send designs, etc. Save a copy this open PDF somewhere on your computer outside the software in order to have easier access. This will help you a lot.

The reason we like to purchase pure art files is that they are are digitized from an object based software program, which will give greater flexibility to rescale designs and keep the integrity of the stitch properties. Designs from BERNINA and from OESD are created from this type of software. Designs that are not originally created in Bernina's object based software, yet are converted to art, are a lesser grade art and rescaling designs should be limited to approximately 10 %. They are lovely designs but can lose detail if size is changed too dramatically.

I hope you can find a BERNINA embroidery machine but I would only encourage you to purchase a 200 or 730 or later. The 185 is a lovely machine but getting designs to it is so cumbersome that I would not recommend this machine except as a top notch sewing machine. Any model that accommodates a USB stick, even a deco 340 (not the 330) would be good. Deco's largest hoop is only 5x7 though.

HTH

Kim
Bernina 830LE, 450E, Artista D+ Software, Bernina 1100 DE Serger, Handi Quilter 16 w/ Sit-down Table

designzbyjacques
2 x 4 =: 8

Re: artlink version 6 please help!!!!!

Postby designzbyjacques » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:11 am

thanks so much for your reply,i was playing around with the artlink software and clicked on properties when i noticed the pes file that i had opened was now a d grade art file,i understand that it wont resize very well but i have other software to do that,my main concern was getting the designs onto the embroidery machine which it seems wont be so difficult as i can write it directly to the embroidery module,i don't really do a lot of embroidery anymore i mainly want to buy the artista 185 for sewing and the thread cutter really makes sewing a joy lol.I popped into my local bernina dealer yesterday to find out about some accessories and saw a lovely cutwork table runner she had made on a aurora,i was very impressed with the stitch quality of the design,it was better than any of the 3 brands of embroidery machines i have previously owned.Im really very excited about buying this machine,it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of my previous embroidery machine but at the end of the day stitch quality is all that counts.Thanks again for all the info :D
bernina virtuosa 163,bernina 840 favorit,bernina 1030,janome 644d serger,brother super galaxie 3000

Return to “Embroidery Software”