Bernina Emb. V6 on Windows10 - Seems fine, am I missing something?

BerNinja
Owner/Administrator
Owner/Administrator
2 x 4 =: 9

Bernina Emb. V6 on Windows10 - Seems fine, am I missing something?

Postby BerNinja » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:16 pm

Has anyone tried V6 on Windows 10? I just installed it on a new computer with Windows 10 and it seems fine. (The OS is acting a wee bit funny now; may uninstall). I also upgraded to Windows 10 on my laptop and it appears to be working fine. Is there a reason why Bernina states that V6 will not work on Windows 10?
Artista 730e | Artista 630e | Virtuosa 153QE | 1300MDC

KarenVA

Re: Bernina Emb. V6 on Windows10 - Seems fine, am I missing something?

Postby KarenVA » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:48 pm

Interesting!! I don't have an answer for you--but you were brave to give it a try anyway!!

I heard that Bernina Software Version 8 will be released soon. I don't know how it could be better than Version 7--I love how user friendly it is and I have been able to digitize my own designs!!
Karen
"We cannot do great things, we can only do little things with great love." Mother Teresa

Doris W. in TN

Postby Doris W. in TN » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:26 pm

Still running DPv6 on my Win7 OS. There are some workarounds but people are getting v6 to run on Win10. I have held off on the " upgrade" because I just do not want Win10 to begin with, then the drama of wondering whether v6 will run okay on it. A

As it is right now, I think I accidentally deleted something from my hard drive when "cleaning house" because my DPv6 will no longer open .exp files. Does just fine with .art, though. I tried re-installing the software, as an overlay fix, but keep hitting a wall. In the end, I'll have to take my computer in to the shop, get the hard drive wiped clean, and start fresh with the DPv6. There is nothing in v7 I want or need, so I am learning how some of us get stuck in the "dark ages" with older versions of software. LOL
Berninas: 1130, Artista730E, 350PE (3-Series), 2000DE serger, 1150MDA serger, Bernette Deco 340; Bernina L220 Coverstitch;
Singers: 301, 201-2, 99K hand crank

BerNinja
Owner/Administrator
Owner/Administrator
2 x 4 =: 9

Postby BerNinja » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:12 pm

Thanks for the replies. I guess I will just keep on working with it and keep my old desktop (though I do not have the space) in the case I hit some roadbumps. Windows10 is okay and I use the "old-school" windows 7 environment. I most recently lost the start screen and my favorite - the calculator. I don't know how that happens. And yes, I fear I will stay back in the dark ages with some software - like V6. I do not even know why I would go to v7 when I get all I need from v6. And on the same note, when I retire in 22 years, I imagine I will be walking into the Bernina store wanting to upgrade from my 630 or 153. I'll have these gems till I run them down. I just hope I do not lose any of my 'savvy'. :problem:
Artista 730e | Artista 630e | Virtuosa 153QE | 1300MDC

mollyshark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby mollyshark » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:08 am

I just posted this somewhere and heaven knows where but it seems applicable. I also have v6 on Win7. But when I open thread colors in a design, all it shows me is COLORWAY X 1.0 or something of that ilk. No thread colors and I can't assign nor match anything. Did all the updates of V6 and really am not interested in V7 at this point because I don't use it enough. Assigning my thread colors is rather a biggie and it worked 6 months ago! I figure some windows update took it out. Ideas???

Return to “Embroidery Software”