problems with a 330 not making stitches

Michael
2 x 4 =: 8

problems with a 330 not making stitches

Postby Michael » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:21 pm

Hi everyone. I have a 330. I've just finished a project on it during which the machine became very noisy; we got to the end but I really had the impression that the machine was laboring and it was making a terrible noise. However, I put this down to the fact that I was working with denim and several layers of it so that it was a response to the thickness of the material. Thereafter, I changed needle and cleaned and oiled the machine as normal at the end of a project. Then I started a simple project with light weight cotton. However, the motor noise persisted and now, the machine refuses to make a stitch; it's as if the upper and lower threads aren't catching each other; when you try and do a line of stitching, all that comes out the other side is one long, loose thread. I've removed the case, reset the needle, cleaned the interior but all to no avail; it remains super clunky and impossible to make a stitch Has anyone any ideas as to what might be wrong?

KarenVA

Re: problems with a 330 not making stitches

Postby KarenVA » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:28 pm

Gosh, that is so frustrating!! I wonder if the timing is off? I think it might be wise to take it in for a check-up.
Karen
"We cannot do great things, we can only do little things with great love." Mother Teresa

Doris W. in TN

Re: problems with a 330 not making stitches

Postby Doris W. in TN » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 pm

Timing being off was my first thought, too. Definitely take it in for a checkup. I hope it is nothing serious.
Berninas: 1130, Artista730E, 350PE (3-Series), 2000DE serger, 1150MDA serger, Bernette Deco 340; Bernina L220 Coverstitch;
Singers: 301, 201-2, 99K hand crank

Return to “3 Series”